> This release features support for repeats and sane tuplets.
>
> (Temporary) syntax for  these :
>
>       \times 2/3 { [c8 c8 c8] }                       % a triplet
>
>       \repeat 3               % repeat 3 times
>               { { c1 c1} }    % body to be repeated.
>               \alternative {
>                       g1      % first ending
>                       a1
>                       b1      % third ending
>               }
>
> Suggestions, comments, patches and bugreports etc. appreciated

Great, finally it's here!!

However, I'm a bit skeptical about the syntax and semantics.
It should be possible to typeset, for example, the following constructs

  _________
  |1. | 2.
.... :| ......
(The first repeat of a piece doesn't begin with a "|:" )

             _________
             |1. | 2.
...... :|: .... :| ......

  __________________________
  |1.-3. | Fine      | 4.
....... :| ........ || ............ |
                                    Da Capo

Do we really need the \repeat at all. Why not typeset the repeat signs
manually with \bar as before? The semantics is still clear from the input
if we want to generate midi files with "unfolded" repeats.
I'm not certain how to deal with the repeat signs within the alternative
endings, however.
Also, we need an optional textual argument to each \alternative part
for the cases where simple consecutive numbering doesn't work.
The integer argument for \repeat is redundant, what would it mean if
the number didn't match the number of alternative endings?
Finally it must be possible to get rid of some of the curly braces,
it starts to look like LISP.

     /Mats