On Friday, 4 December 1998, Peter Chubb writes:

> 2.  ly2dvi mucks the environment so that lilypond can't find its init
>     files.
>     $ /usr/local/bin/ly2dvi verso_2.ly
>     ly2dvi 0.0.6
>     executing: lilypond  verso_2.ly 2>&1
>     GNU LilyPond 1.1.10.
>     warning: can't find file: `init.ly'
>     ly2dvi hmm, I could not find an output file name

will be fixed, hopefully, in pl12

As i found out, ly2dvi tries to guess $LILYPONDPREFIX,
and wants to set that to overrule lily's compiled-in
datadir.

If you set LILYPONDPREFIX to where your ./init ./scm ./afm etc
lives, it'll work.  I run lily always from the sourcedir, and
have LILYPONDPREFIX=$HOME/usr/share/lilypond, and symlinks
from there.

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/lilypond