bad idea if the reason you are doing it is to engineer a free
society, because it will allow uncooperative people to take the
music and use it in proprietary works. If you make the music
free, via GPL copyleft, then you ensure that the music will
always be free."

Absolutely true. If you want any idea to stay truly free, it is
essential to maintain a valid Berne copyright on it to prevent it
being hijacked. If you doubt this, spend some time with the
experts on the copyright list of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And, Werner Icking wrote: "Since some time the installation of
Acrobat Reader and Gsview/Ghostscript are of similar easiness:
you download a single exe file, [double-]click it and answer some
easy questions. The major disadvantage of PDF-files is that they
don't look well on display ..."

I agree, on both counts. I'm planning on PS for Scarlatti. But,
until I find a free .gz program for Windows & Macs that works
reliably, I'll use PKzip-compatible, which is supported on Linux
as well as Windows & Macs.