On Monday, 14 June 1999, John Sankey writes:

Hi John,

So, you're really going all the way; from a user to a development
box, that is.  Good!

> rpm -i egcs-1.1.2-12.src.rpm

[snip]

> rpm -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/egcs.spec
> <snip - an hour>
> make[1]: makeinfo: Command not found
> <snip>
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.24747 (%install)
>
> No module called makeinfo in the RPMS directory of RedHat 5.2

It's in the package texinfo (also available from ftp.gnu.org).

These things can be annoying; esp. if it takes so long before
an error occurs.

Don't give up.  You are taking notes, I hope, for those who
may follow you?

Greetings,

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/