On Tuesday, 6 July 1999, Peter Chubb writes:

> Thank you all for implementing grace notes.
>
> But how do I specify whether I want an appogiatura or an acciaccatura?

:-)
That's a rhetoric question, no?
For notation it makes no difference [Willemze]; I guess that it is
merely a performance issue, and is never specified explicitely.
Although its custom practice to perform appogiatura (Vorschlag;
shorten next note) in music before ca 1800, and acciaccatura
(Zusammenschlag; shorten previous note) for uhm 'modern' music.

Lily is has just started to learn how to perform the appogiatura,
but she hasn't quite mastered, yet.

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/