Wolfgang,

Do you have python installed ?
What version?
How was it installed?

This part of the postinstall code is trying to locate the python path
in the Registry.  Specifically the following keys.  Do you have these
keys in your registry?

version=\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\CurrentVersion
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\<version>\InstallPath