Mats Bengtsson writes:
|> My problem now is that MiKTeX doesn't find the lilyponddefs.tex
|> and doesn't generate the fonts even though the environment variables
|> are set correctly. However, I don't know anything about MiKTeX so
|> I'll study that documentation before troubling you with those
|> questions.

Are you using the shortcut that was created during the installation?
Start->Lilypond->lilyshell

The shortcut runs:
COMMAND /e:2048 /k <Lily-Installation-Path>\lily.bat

|Updating my ancient MiKTeX (1.07) to the latest version solved the
|problems, maybe you should mention something in the installation
|instruktions on how new MiKTeX you need.

That shoulds like a good idea.

|Next problem: ly2dvi fails on line 336:
|  os.rename(this.__base + '.' + str(os.getpid()) + '.dvi', outfile)

Sounds like a outfile already exists.  MSDOS PYTHON's rename will not
overwrite an existing file.

Could you send me your lily.bat file and the results of:
e\: dir > dir_before.txt
e\: ly2dvi yourfile.ly > lilyout.txt
e\: dir > dir_after.txt

|however, when I manually run latex on the generated
|I didn't know that you could create a file name with two dots in
|Win95, maybe that's the actual problem. I haven't really tried
|to track down what happens.

I have tested (Apparently not very well) this distribution on windows
95 and NT, so it worked at least once... :)

Thanks so much for your help and patience,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey B. Reed
[EMAIL PROTECTED]