Some of you may have been wondering whether I'd given up on the Mutopia
web page as there have been no updates for several weeks. I apologise
for this as I've been doing various things, but I am pleased to
announce that a new and updated version of the site should now be
online (assuming the upload goes smoothly).

The biggest development is that Eric Praetzel has very kindly loaned a
large amount of online disc space to the Mutopia project and we are
indebted to him for this. The page will therefore now be found at:

http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Mutopia/

This can now be considered its permanent home.

What else is new? Most of the links now work, with several important
exceptions:

o The copyright/legal page - this needs to be discussed on this list
  first; I will post tomorrow my intentions and ask for comments.

o The list of musical periods - this will be completed and uploaded
  soon.

o The search/sort page - this is /still/ taking shape on my hard drive
- sorry! I'm aiming for the middle of next week on this one.

Apart from this, I also have to work out how to include the Feta fonts
as vectors rather than bitmaps in the PS + PDF files. I'm not sure when
this will happen, but I'm working on it :-)

All in all, I'm hoping to have the Mutopia archive up and ready for
accepting files by the beginning of September.

Chris

--

Chris Sawer - Sussex, England - [EMAIL PROTECTED]