[re:  tied notes with an accidental on the second note.]

    Mats> They shouldn't occur if you use ties '~' (I'm not sure about
    Mats> what happens when you use forgetAccidentals, though). In
    Mats> your example, "Closing", I could only find this behaviour in
    Mats> places where you explicitly forced the accidental also on
    Mats> the second note using '!'.

whoops; sure enough.  before i learned about forgetAccidentals, i'd
gotten in the habit of putting ! after *every* sharp or flat.

    Mats> Regarding your question about fingerings put at the side of
    Mats> the note, this is not supported in Lilypond at the moment.

hmmmm...  any ideas on when this will happen?  could the code that
implements Dot_column_engraver be reused for this?  this is the most
important item i need for this score i should have finished ages ago.

| jeff covey [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|       isreip: the international society for rewriting english in perl.     |