I've now hit about a dozen Scarlatti sonatas in a row that Lily can't
set because she won't accept a middle note of a chord being trilled.
In harpsichord music, it has to be possible to put any ornament in
front of a note head (tight triads) or directly on top of it (looser
passages). Only a praller is needed for Scarlatti, but the French
composers will need all of them.

Is there any way I can hack around this problem that anyone can think
of? e.g. by editing the Postscript output directly? by creating an
alternate note head font if I have to? (I'm publishing in Postscript,
so a pencil is no use :( )

John