On Sep 17, 1999, Han-Wen Nienhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> +#if __alpha__ && __GNUC__ == 2 && __GNUC_MINOR__ == 95
>> +/* On alpha (OSF and GNU/Linux), GCC 2.95.1 crashes if exit() is
>> +   called directly within Data_file::error (String), or even if
>> +   exit_wrapper is inlined, so define it only after it is called.  */
>> +#ifndef USE_EXIT_WRAPPER
>> +#define USE_EXIT_WRAPPER 1
>> +#endif
>> +#endif

> This is unacceptable code.

Yep, I thought you'd like it :-D :-D

Actually, it was just meant as a temporary work-around.  I had hoped
it would be fixed in gcc 2.95.2, but I had also forgotten about it.
Your reply came just in time for me to dedicate a few hours to produce
a patch that fixes the problem, which I've submitted for the
appreciation of the other developers of gcc.  Hopefully, it will make
it to 2.95.2, and there'll be no need to let that horrible code into
lilypond.  Unless you'd be annoyed of telling users of alpha boxes
that gcc 2.95.1 can't compile lilypond and they have to upgrade to
2.95.2 or use the patch I posted.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm,computer}.org