Shamus wrote:

> This is dvips(k) 5.83 Copyright 1998 Radical Eye Software
> (www.radicaleye.com)
> ' TeX ouptut 1999.09.22:0009' -> |lpr
> <texc.pro><special.pro>. [1] lpr: connect: Connection refused.
> jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.
>
> This is running on a linux system with a 2.2.6 kernel.  Now is it my
> imagination, or should dvips be sending the output to gs instead of lpr?
> Ghostscript is installed and in the path...

On every other unix system I've used, the default output for dvips has
been to a file, but for some reason on my linuxppc system by default
dvips pipes its output to lpr.  You can override this with dvips -o
fun.ps fun.dvi, or probably dvips fun.dvi | gs.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/