There is much less there than meets the eye. *Ossia* (otherwise) marks
an alternative. It is an added staff or piano score, usually only a few
measures long, which presents another version of the music, for small
hands, for example. I only meant to say that you could have complete
alternative versions of the affected parts in the score and call them
ossie(?). The conductor knows which staff is working, and you don't have
to give out all the parts, so what's the downside? I don't mean to say
that there isn't one, merely that I don't see it. :-)
--
Peace, understanding, health and happiness to all beings!
     U  U   u       ^^         `    'U u   U  ''`'`