========= Tim Nelson
        Basically, all I want is an option to select non-reminder mode,
or
something :).
---------
No you don't :-)

Sorry to be unclear. The rule only applies to a single staff in any
case. Your scenario couldn't happen. And reminders are *necessary* in
the case of a B and Bb (Prime interval) on a single staff, if they occur
at the same time or overlap in any way. Some music programs (Encore) put
in reminders as I describe, but I don't know that any use parentheses.
To leave those notes alone, though, is just plain bad bad writing and
bad engraving.
--
Peace, understanding, health and happiness to all beings!
     U  U   u       ^^         `    'U u   U  ''`'`