>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 10/16/99, 7:04:44 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote regarding Problems
with NT Lilypond:

> I just installed Lilypond after downloading MikTeX, Python and GsView
> and following all the directions on your site.

> When I type "ly2dvi angels.ly" at a Lilypond prompt, I get this error:

>     <lots of stuff above this omitted>
>     Track ... [0][1]
>     The name specified is not recognized as an
>     internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
>     ly2dvi Latex failed

Is the command tex/latex in your path?  It looks like the installation
of MikTex might not have gone as expected.  I believe MikTex has a
post-installation procedure.  Did you run that?

> I also noticed that when I play the MIDI file generated by this run,
> many of the notes are sustained much longer than they should be.

The tempo for the midi is ½ = 60.  This means, as I am sure you are
well aware, each measure should be 2 seconds, there is 21 measures,
which equal 42 seconds total.  That is the exact play time I get with
Windows Media Player.

I hope the above was helpful.

Jeff

--