How is the documentation in the lilypond tarball supposed to be read?
There are a bunch of texi files, but I haven't found any make targets
that will transform them to anything more useful.  A "make dvi"
created a lot of strangely-named dvi file before failing with an
error.  I tried to manually run makeinfo to at least get an info file,
and at least it didn't fail, but the internal links were not in a very
good state.

And then there's mention of DOC++ in a README somewhere, but I haven't
tried that yet.

If someone can give me a hint on what the recommended way of
processing the documentation is, I can at least try it and see if it
works for me.  And why isn't it done automatically by configure/make?

--
David Kågedal