Just for the record, I'm still on 1.2.15.

        Hi there.  When I set "font_normal = 14."; in the paper block, it
makes the font bigger, but doesn't increase the spacing.  Someone suggested
that:

       arithmetic_basicspace = 2.5;
       arithmetic_multiplier = 6.0\pt;

        was the way to go (although he was suggesting for 10pt -- but the idea
applies).  If I understand correctly, the point of those two variables was to
increase the distance between noteheads.  Sure, if I make these values big
enough, it puts the lyrics far enough apart, but then it takes too many pages
(besides which the vertical spacing isn't right).

        Anyway, I was looking around for the place where it figures the width
of the text.  I'd kinda managed to trace it from lyric-engraver.cc to
score-element.cc (do_width) to molecule.cc (Molecule::extent(Axis a) and
presumably Molecule::add_molecule(.....&m) and Molecule::add_atom (....*al) ),
and then presumably to atom.cc ( Atom::Atom(SCM s) ).  After that I got stuck.
A quick question -- does the point I got stuck at indicate that I need to
learn Scheme or something to fix the problem I have?

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson          | Because the Creator is,               |
| E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | I am                                  |
Web: http://www.ne.com.au/~wayland/
NB: I have a BSc. (Comp.Sci.) and I need a Job