I would suggest a more general feature, namely a property
(something like maxWrittenOutRest) such that for multi-bar
rests shorter than the value, the rest will be written using
a combination of 1-, 2- and 4-bar rest symbols and for longer
rests, it should be written with the |===| symbol with a number
(a single bar rest is always written with the 1-bar symbol, of
course).

Wait, I should think before I write, we probably want to
control the presence of the number and the layout of the
repeat symbol(s) separately, giving two separate numerical
properties.

   /Mats