>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 3/27/00, 12:57:45 PM, Christian Mondrup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: Windows preformated binary distribution for 1.3.39 is
available:

> "Jeffrey B. Reed" wrote:

> > The Windows nt/95 preformated binary distribution LilyPond 1.3.39 is
> > available:
> >
> > http://home.austin.rr.com/jbr/jeff/lilypond/
> >
> > This has not been tested, but I had a weekend to blow so I decided to
> > catch up a little with our friend lily.
> >
> > Enjoy

> I certainly do :-)

> Nevertheless I encounter a couple of problems

> 1. when I launch lilypond on one of my mudela source files she
complains of
> not being able to locate the fonts feta-nummer8 and feta-braces16. I
_did_
> remove feta*tfm and feta*.pk before launching lilypond. And in MikTeX
> localtexmf\miktex.ini I have set up this input path:

> Input

Dirs=.;%R\fonts\source//;%R\metafont//;E:\lilypond-1.3.39\share\lilypon
d//

> but actually I don't really believe lilypond relies on that. Could it
be
> that something has gone wrong during the execution of your
installation
> executable ?

The lily shell uses lilypond-1.3.39.jbr1\lily.bat to initialize the
environment for that command shell.  Make sure the settings in
lily.bat are
proper.  LILYPONDPREFIX is probably the one that lilypond uses
internally to figure out where stuff is.

> 2. As you may have noticed I'm the current maintainer of the lilypond
> glossary which is relying heavily on mudela-book. I use to process the
> source on a Redhat linux box at my office but would like to also work
on it
> from my home Win98 station. But mudela-book in the win32 flavour
doesn't
> seem to like the calling syntax I'm using on my linux-station:

> E:\Christian\Musik\LilyPond>mudela-book -format=texi test.tely
> mudela-book (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.39.jbr1
> File not found `texi'

>   Exiting ...

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "e:\lilypond-1.3.39\bin\mudela-book.py", line 886, in ?
>     chunks = transform_input_file (input_filename, my_outname)
>   File "e:\lilypond-1.3.39\bin\mudela-book.py", line 604, in
> transform_input_file
>     chunks = read_doc_file (in_filename)
>   File "e:\lilypond-1.3.39\bin\mudela-book.py", line 310, in
read_doc_file
>     str = find_file(filename)
>   File "e:\lilypond-1.3.39\bin\mudela-book.py", line 211, in find_file
>     error ("File not found `%s'\n" % name)
>   File "e:\lilypond-1.3.39\bin\mudela-book.py", line 216, in error
>     raise 'Exiting.'
> Exiting.

mudela-book has never really been ported to Windows. :(

> As said above it would be nice if ... but actually I have grown so
tired of
> Bill Gates, Microsoft and their f... Windows stuff that I have decided
> install linux as the main OS on my home pc too. That'll happen in a
good
> weeks time, and after that I'll of course do all my music typesetting
> (MusiXTeX and lilypond) from within linux. I report my problems
considering
> that I may be not the only win9x user with problems lie those.

Understood and greatly appreciated.

--
Jeffrey B. Reed
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]