> > from others here.  The notation I have seen for back-to-back repeat
> > bars is:
> >
> > double-dot thin-line thick-line thin-line double-dot
>
> By what publisher is that, is the engraving done well?
>
> > What lilypond currently uses is:
> >
> > double-dot thick-line thick-line double-dot
>
> That's what my references say.

My music typesetting handbook by Tyboni (only available in Swedish)
says that both these alternatives are possible but recommends
version currently implemented in Lilypond since it's "easier".

Looking through some printed music in my shelf, I actually managed
to find an example also of the former alternative, even though
the latter seems to be much more common, for example in editions
from Bärenreiter and Peters.

     /Mats