Hi there! I have been playing with lily and I really like it. I
finished typesetting my first piece of music attempting to RTFM
whenever I hit a sticking point. So, I did not have to bother anyone
for things like noVoltaBraces, but now I am stuck. If someone could
help me with these issues, I would be grateful.

Please look at http://mail.indiansprings.org/people/benjy/pd.html for
images of passages I describe. I am using lilypond 1.3.39 with
tetex-0.9-17 (TeX (Web2C 7.3) 3.14159 and kpathsea version 3.3) on Redhat
Linux 6.0 + updates + kernel 2.2.14.

The first measure and a half displays four of my formatting woes:

1) The rests for the second voice get pushed down into the bass
staff. How do I make them print on the proper staff (albeit squeezed
closely with the half notes)? I played with the note head collision
tweaks in a different measure, but rests seem to be treated differently.

2) The forte is overwritten by a low hanging chord. How do I make it
avoid the notes?

3) I discovered how to shrink the font for the grace notes. Now, how do
I make the beams thinner to match the small note heads?

4) How do I put more space between the last grace note and the following
quarter note?

Next comes lyrics...

5) In some places the two lines of lyrics are squished together. How do
I make more room between one line and the line below that?

And lastly, we have time signature and dynamics...

6) I attempted to restate the time signature at the beginning of the
chorus using the following piece of code:

        \skip 4 * 61;
        \bar "||"; \break
        \time 2/2;

However, it prints the time signature after the "||" at the end of one
line and also at the beginning of the next line. How do I fix this so it
only prints once?

7) In the original score, the dynamics are marked as "p-f" directly
under the time signature. I was only able to duplicate this by attaching
"\p", "-", and "\f" to three different notes. Is there any way to put
them in the same place? Is there any way to put them directly under the
time signature?

Thanks! I really appreciate the wonderful work and any help you can
offer. I look forward to contributing some scores to Mutopia soon!

Cheers,
benjy