I run lily 1.3.4[78] against the input attached in this email, and there are a few
problems.

1) The digit "8" in the clef "G_8" is populated at the bottom of every barline in the
staff which contains this clef.

2) For each page lily is processing, the error message "programming error: Infinity or
NaN encountered (Continuing; cross thumbs)" appears 20 times or so.

3) The instrument name for the PianoStaff (Organ ad libitum) goes above the name for
the very first staff in the system, while the PianoStaff is at the bottom.

4) Some .mf files are missing in 1.3.48, such as mf/feta-timesig.mf.  ly2dvi would
fail to produce a DVI file, and running latex against the intermediate .tex file would
give an error, saying that feta-timesig is missing.  I copy the missing files to
1.3.48 from 1.3.47 to make it work.  FYI, I install lily as an RPM, and I am running
RH 6.0, kernel 2.3.99-pre6, tetex-1.0.6-10 with many other tetex suppliment packages.

(I don't know the config for tetex very well.  I see
/usr/share/lilypond/tfm/feta-timesig.tfm, but I don't know how to config tetex such
that latex will see that file and use it).

5) Since I have a lot of staves and contexts, the generated midi file has 26 tracks.
timidity and a few other midi players throw up on this file.

6) Sometimes lily runs incredibly slow on this file.  For example, when lily says
"Calculating column positions...", the numbers are printed like every 5 seconds.
Before I reboot, the last time I ran lily on this file took more than 2 minutes on a
Celeron 400 with 64MB RAM.

Desmond Lam
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ichbin.ly.gz