    Christian> Blank notepaper is always nice to have, but it
    Christian> definitely should *not* have barlines in the end of
    Christian> each staff. I would often use it for multi staff
    Christian> systems and therefore prefere no indentation of the
    Christian> first staff.

I agree with both of these points.  The indentation was no problem
given Jeff's Lilypond; I just added

                indent = 0.0;

to the \paper definition.

I haven't yet found anything that works for me for the barlines
though.  I tried setting the default barline style to empty, removing
the bar engraver, and putting in explicit empty barlines.  Some of
these I may have done wrong.  Does anyone have an edit to Jeff's
lilypond at http://www4.smart.net/~jcovey/scores/blank/blank.ly that
doesn't write any barlines?

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )