Hi y'all,

I used these days to hack at memory usage some more: I put in some
code that tries to share memory for repetitive elements of the score
(barlines, clefs, etc.). Can the large score people give it another
try?  One thing to note is that GUILE allocates memory in large
chunks, so it is not unlikely that the footprint does not
decrease. However, I have some hope that the elapsed time (wallclock
time) gives some measure of the amount of swapping involved.

1.3.54.hwn2
===========

* Experimental property collapse for most score-elements.  (notable
exceptions: Scripts, pedals). Change all Score_element constructors to
take a basic-property list. The suffix of a property list may be
shared by several score-elements, for instance all default G-clefs in
a score share the following settings

           (breakable . #t)
           (break-align-symbol . Clef_item)
           (visibility-lambda . ,begin-of-line-visible)
           (c0-position . -6)
           (glyph . G)

This should reduce memory usage further.

* Magically fixed the disappearing Lyrics problem.

* Removed used_b_ field from Score_element.

* Massive search-replace patch: store pointers and properties
separately, in preparation of property collapse.