[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Regarding conversion possibilities:
> I've had some mail contact with a student doing
> her master's thesis project, who used Lilypond
> to output the result of a music recognition
> program (from sound recordings). She asked
> if there's been some plans to convert from
> Mudela to e.g. Humdrum or DARMS.
> (I didn't know any of these formats myself,
> but found the following useful WWW page:
> http://www.s-line.de/homepages/gerd_castan/
> compmus/notationformats_e.html )
>
> I forward the request to this list.

I don't have any plans in this direction. It would be possible to
build such a conversion, but I think it would be hard to output any
typographical aspects.

I'm not sure about what the formats contain exactly, so I can't be
sure. In any case, I don't see any compelling reasons to work on such
a project. As far as I know, DARMS and Humdrum are forms of COBOL for
musicians. Such formats deserve to die.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/