On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 12:36:18AM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> as was discussed on the mailing list, an ETF (Finale) would be a
> useful format to support through a convertor... so I sat down and
> wrote such a thing.  It's working now, and converts rather reliably as
> far as I can tell.
>

> working:
>
> - notes
> - rests
> - ties
> - slurs
> - multiple voices/staffs
>
> todo:
>
> - lyrics
> - articulation
> - tuplets
>
> I only tested it with a few files, so if you have interesting Finale
> files, feedback is welcome.

Would it be feasible to convert from the lilypond format
(mudela) to the Finale format? That would be interesting for me
because then I could write and typeset the music in mudela,
convert to ETF, and use Finale to convert to MIDI.

By the way, is there anybody working, or at least planning
to work, on the MIDI backend of lylipond? It would be really
useful to be able to have all (or most) of the effects in
the generated MIDI.

If I had the time I would like to work on this. But I found
the present code to complex to start working on it and my
available free time now to dedicate to it would not be
enough.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Departamento de Computação