Hi List,

I've put up a quick development release at Appel, esp. for Mats and
those who want to use latest guile-1.4.1 snapshots.  The past week
has not left me much time to do grand stuff on Lily, not enough to
warrant a real .81 while Han-Wen's away :-)

    ftp://appel.dyndns.org/pub/gnu/LilyPond/development
    http://appel.dyndns.org/lilypond/releases/development

Mats, forgot to mention: until the old and nasty `slurs get moved to
grace context' bug gets fixed, there's not much you can do, except
for this workaround:

\score {
        \notes\relative c''{
                \property Voice.slurBeginAttachment = #'stem
                \grace g8 g'2 ( )g
        }
        \paper {
                linewidth=40.\mm;
                indent=0.;
        }
}

1.3.80.jcn1
===========

* (Line-)broken slurs now have vertical trend.

* Better length for broken ties: no invisibly short ties.  Now ties may
  collide with time signatures, though.

* Don't typeset unfinished spanners, but kill them.

* Added two faq (Mats)

* Made workaround guile-1.4.1 backward incompatible (scm_)eval change.
  Note that we must use (scm_)eval2 to remain backwards compatible with
  guile < 1.4.1 snapshot.

* Reincluded 79.jcn2 fix

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter