On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 01:03:40PM +1100, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
>       This is probably really simple, but in upgrading from 1.3.45 to
> 1.3.83, I get the following:
> --------------------------
> bash$ mudela-book Book.mb
> mudela-book (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.83
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/bin/mudela-book", line 878, in ?
>     do_file(input_filename)
>   File "/usr/bin/mudela-book", line 783, in do_file
>     chunks = chop_chunks(chunks, 'mudela-block', make_mudela_block)
>   File "/usr/bin/mudela-book", line 471, in chop_chunks
>     newchunks.extend(func(m))
> AttributeError: extend
> --------------------------
>       I suspect I just need to upgrade something, but I seem to have
> everything the RPM file required.  The only relevant versions I could think of
> were:
>
> python-1.5.1-10
I'm think extend was added in python 1.5.2. Can someone confirm this?
Short fix:
 change the line (471):
    newchunks.extend(func(m))
    newchunks = newchunks + func(m)

Is mudela-book the only script that depend on 1.5.2? There is only
a quarter of a second to save using .extend on my computer, so
we can safely stop using list.extend and stay Python 1.5 compatible.

>       Hmm.  Does this mean I'm going to need a new guile as well?
No.

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/