    Laura> Playing the MIDI files generated from files in the 4.2 input directory
    Laura> results in the error:

    Laura> Instrument `britepno' can't be found.
    Laura> Couldn't load instrument britepno (tone bank 0, program 1)

    >> From timidity.  This doesn't happen on my own midi files, which have a
    Laura> midi block that looks pretty similar.

On examining the MIDI files, it looks like mine are using program 0,
and the ones that don't work (for me) are using program 1.  I still
can't see why paddy.abc is any different from my own abc files in this
respect.  But if I use a sequencer to change the program number to 0,
it plays fine.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574