[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I have been trying to change some of the SystemStartDelimiter
> properties to try to improve the look of incipits by moving the
> opening brace/bracket to after the incipit.
>
> I can only get any effect by setting the default property in a
> \translator block in \paper. Setting \property
> Score.SystemStartDelimiter \override ... in music makes no
> difference. I can't see why the System_start_delimiter_engraver
> doesn't notice a property change during the score.

The SystemStartDelimiter is a SPanner, that starts at the beginning of
the score, and ends  (unsurprisingly) at the end. It is created before
any \property operations are executed.

If this bothers you, you can twiddle around with \outputproperty.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/