teri, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
>This is on a Caldera 1.2 system.  Most of the RH 5.x RPMS out there
>don't work here because of incompatible libraries, that's why I had to
>compile most of the accessory packages from source.  I noticed that
>configure used to take --with-guile=<path> (now commented) but now the
>automated code can't find whatever library it needs that contains
>rl_deprep_term_function, dlerror, rm_instream, etc...

The various rl_ functions are from the readline library and the dl* are
from libdl for dynamic loading.  I checked all the functions except for:
rl_deprep_term_function, rl_instream, and rl_getc_function are either in
/lib/libreadline.so.2.* or lib/libdl.so.2.*.

Try compiling and installing readline 2.1 and most of your errors should
go away.  The missing libdl is troublesome since it should come with
your libc.

Hmm.  <click>  <click>  Caldera 1.2 is libc5, yes?  The so number
changed on libdl from libc5 to libc6.  Here are the symbols from
libdl.so.1 (libc5):
_dladdr
_dlclose
_dlerror
_dlinfo
_dlopen
_dlsym
And here are the symbols from libdl.so.2 (libc6):
_dlerror_run
_start
dladdr
dlclose
dlerror
dlopen
dlsym

So, something in your linking chain is most likely linked with libc6
libraries.

>configure:2632: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -O2 -Wall   conftest.c -lguile -lqthreads
>-ltermcap -lpng -ljpeg -lz  -lm 1>&5
>/usr/i386-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -lqthreads: No such file or directory

BTW, qthreads is part of guile, so you should be able to get it once
your other problems are resolved.

Darren
- --
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.daft.com/~torin> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-800-921-4996
@ Sysadmin, webweaver, postmaster for hire. C/Perl/CGI/Pilot programmer/tutor @
@                    Make a little hot-tub in your soul.                      @

The GnuCash / X-Accountant Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
put "unsubscribe gnucash-devel [EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the body