It's been rumoured that Alan Orndorff said:
>    The one thing I know about binutils on Solaris systems is that
> most admins don't like to install it.  the ld that comes with binutils
> does not compile on Solaris 7.  Most of the other utils that compose
> binutils are available natively.  Not sure about other systems, but there
> has been talk on the Solaris Intel Mailing list in the past of old admins
> advising new admins to not do it.  If you can get it as part of another
> gnu package, that would probably be less of a hassle.
>
>   I know how that sounds, but its the reality of the situation.

At one point, sun, ibm, & sco issued a press release saying they were all
going to standardize on glibc (make glibc the default libc on solaris, aix,
sco) ... I guess this hasn't happened yet?  Or is this a dead project?

--linas

The GnuCash / X-Accountant Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
put "unsubscribe gnucash-devel [EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the body