[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I'm having a bit of a time figuring out the "parsing" of account
> lists (e.g. - the care and feeding of gnc:group-map-accounts, and so
> forth), and figure that interacting directly with a Scheme reader is
> liable to be more useful than the much more batch-like
> "edit/run-gnucash/test" loop.

You might also, if you haven't want to look at my text-export code.
You probably saw that, but if you didn't...

> I'm sure that how to do this is hiding some place in the archives,>
> I'm sure that how to do this is hiding some place in the archives,
> unfortunately there sure are a lot of messages out there...

Check the README.  I updated it a little while back to mention the new
startup behavior.  Basically, it's a lot simpler to do what you're
asking now than it used to be.  Look for GNC_RUN_AS_SHELL.  If that
doesn't do what you want (or if you'd just prefer something
different), then let me know and we'll design something better.
You're about to make yourself the guinea pig for this feature :>

Note that the interactive session only works if you don't want to run
the GUI.  Right now, if you launch the UI, there's no way to come back
to the prompt.  I'm not sure how hard that would be to fix, but it
might be difficult.  It might be a lot easier to bring up an
interactive guile prompt in a GTK window if a non-UI prompt isn't
enough right now.

--
Rob Browning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930