Hi.

Sorry to bother you again, but there seems to some problems still....

As you wil see below, I had some problems with lesstif. More specific the
libXm.so.1.
It turned out that I had installed the lesstif-0.88.1-3, but even though I could
see that it contained the libXm.so.1 file it didn't install it. Not even if I
used the --allfiles parameter.
Well, I then tried to use the lesstif-0.87.0-1, which according to the
informations on rufus should contain the libXm.so.1.
Now using this version of lesstif, I got gnucash to start!!! But as predicted in
the readme file in gnucash it almost immediately crashed.
Then I tried to do an upgrade to lesstif-0.88.1-3, but it removed the libXm.so.1
again.
Now I tried to go to the lesstif homepage, where I found
lesstif-0.88.1-1.i386.rpm. A "normal" installation of this didn't get me the
libXm.so.1, but when forcing it with --allfiles I finally managed.

But but but... It is to put it mildly, very unstable..  It's a bit difficult to
point out specificcaly what is wrong, but one example could be that I tried to
create an account a minute ago. I give the account a name, a description, a
currency (I write DKK as I am from Denmark and use Danish Crowns (Kroner)), I
write a little note, and finnaly put an amount in th account.
So far so good. But when I tried to create another account, gnucash went down
immediately with the message:

Segmentation fault (core dump)

Same thing happens when I have managed to create two account and tries to save
the file..

And then... suddenly I can do a lot of things..  Create account, activate the
report section (Which is filled with something that looks rather developimg?),
but when I try to save the file, I get the message that the file doen't contain
anything, which it off course  does, as I have just created two account a put in
some numbers in both...

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong now? And if yes, how can I get
further?

Thank you i advance

Kind regards

Søren Vedsted

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> > > fyi, nana is also available as an rpm.
> > >

> > Coluld you please tell me where?
>
> I'm afraid I've lost the location, sorry.
> Have you tried the nana homepage?

Yes I did, but as far as remember I didn't find anything...

> > gnucash: error in loadingshared libraries: libXm.so.1: cannot open shared
> > object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Is this something with lesstif? In that case isn't it an earlier version? I
> > though that you could use the newer versions of lesstif with gnucash 1.2.3?
>
> Those are definitely the lesstif libraries it's not finding.
> What version of lesstif do you have? I'm running 0.88.1.
> You installed lesstif from rpm, right?

Yes I did. See above.