I know that patches should normally go to gnucash-patches, but the
*ONLY* reason I'm posting this patch is to get some debugging help.
THIS PATCH LEADS TO NON-COMPILING CODE!

Now that that's clear, the reason I'm posting this patch is to make
explicit my problems in earlier mails, and possibly get some help
tracking down the problem.

It's kinda embarrassing, as a grad student and tutor, to be posting
non-compiling code to a mailing list, but the guile documentation
sucks and there's nobody in our department who knows anything about
guile.

Anyway, could one of the Schemers on the list please explain
1)      Why the scheme code in prefs.c isn't loading properly
2)      How I can track down the problem myself next time.

If someone could also explain how to do run-time debugging of the
embedded Scheme code that would be kinda cool too . . .

Robert Merkel                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober,
responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and
immature.
                -- Tom Robbins