Hello,

I don't like the way MSMoney does budgeting, so I've decided to try and add
budgeting to GnuCash.

Is there anybody currently working on budgeting who I should synchronize with?

I plan on doing a proof-of-concept as embedded perl in a report.  I'd rather do
the main implementation in Perl or Python, but we can argue about that later.
I'm also not the best guy to do the GUI, but that can be talked about later as
well.

features i'll be prototyping:
- budget items can have arbitrary periods.  If lunch is a daily expense, it can
be entered as one (or even as a daily expense for 5 of 7 days)
- budget items can have trigger dates.  If rent is due the first of the month,
you can tell the system that and reports will understand that.
- items with incomplete periods are/can be treated seperately.  Just because
you budgeted $60 for oil changes a year does not mean that you're $5 under
budget for a month that didn't include an oil change!

anything else?  The only budgeting program that I've used is MSMoney, so I'm
probably reinventing the wheel for some of these things.  Please send me any
suggestions (I have read budget.txt)

thanks,
Bryan