It is possible to implement euro support  in Gnucash?
It's very important for européans users in the future.

How work Quicken 2000 in french?

Ok , for this exemple we have a bank account in french francs and 1€ or
1 Euro = 6.55957FRF

I want to record one check with 100FRF, I enter it in the paiement
column: 100
and I click on a button with F for FRF on it, and quicken record the
transaction.

If I want to record one check with 100€ or Euro, I enter it in the
paiement column: 100
and I click on a button with Euro on it, and quicken calculate the
amount in FRF and display it:655,95
and record the transaction the transaction in FRF.

For each account register, quicken display an "Ending Balance" in FRF
and a "Balance in Euro" in € or Euro,
and the same with the window with all accounts, it display  a column
with the amounts in FRF for each account and
a column with the amounts in € or Euro for each account.

In Gnucash if we have for each account register, an "Ending Balance" in
FRF and a "Balance in Euro" in € or Euro,
where the balance in euro is calculate with the choice for / or * and
the exchange rate in the preferences window
(and even the choice of an other currency other than Euro) and the
amount for the ending balance.

And the same for the account list in the main window with 2 columns :
a column with the amounts in FRF for each account and a column with the
amounts in € or Euro for each account.

And add a "Balance in Euro" in € or Euro in the reports, if possible.
But the 2 things before are more important and we can say:
Gnucash have a beginning of euro support as the main programs personnal
finances manager in France:
Quicken and Money.

But the 1/1/2002 all the accounts in the bank must be converted in Euro.

And we need to add a function that will convert the account in FRF to
Euro, a function here that
 / by 6.55957 the transaction's amount in the gnucash's file with some
rules.

Yannick