- The change that broke my system happened sometime between midnight on the
26th and midnight on the 27th

- every file I load has this problem -- I cannot open any register window.
Even a brand new account in a brand new file

- redhat 6.0 base, although lots of packages have been upgraded.

- dual celeron machine.  (we don't have any threads to create races, do we?)

I'm going to try a current checkout with the src/register changes backed out
and other things like that, try to narrow down which file changed killed me.

Bryan