I am an accounting newbie and early adopter of gnucash, using it for
personal accounting.  I've been keeping track of a stock and a mutual
fund with gnucash, and yesterday I sold some of the stock.  Problem
is, I can't find a way to record a sale!  I have tried entering a
negative buy and gnucash won't take it.  Am I missing something?

By the way, I also can't quite figure out how to account for capital
gains; are those supposed to go in that suggested income account
associated with the security account?

--
Randolph Fritz
Eugene, Oregon, USA