G'day everyone,

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 02:20:03PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:

[assorted snippage throughout]

> > >try this site (sory it is in German):
> > >
> > >http://bbbank.teledata.de:9056/bbbank/Uebersicht.htm

> gnc-prices doesn't actually fetch the data directly, that is done
> by a perl module Quote.pm. This module has recently been broken
> out into a separate project, located at
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=4232

Finance::Quote supports a variety of sources, the most useful being
yahoo and yahoo_europe.  While these provide access to a number of
funds and mutual stocks, there are still a great deal that cannot
be fetched through Yahoo!.

There are plans to do a bit of a rewrite to Finance::Quote to allow
more 'pluggable modules' types of methods.  This hasn't started properly
in earnest, but there has been some discussion.  If you're interested
in helping by writing a module, or want to supply a 'wish-list'
to the developers, you're welcome to join the finance-quote-devel
mailing list:

The page which Dave mentioned (http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=4232)
also provides access to downloads, status reports, CVS access, and
other useful facilities.   Please feel free to make use of it.

This also reminds me that I should consider rolling the 0.18 release
of Finance::Quote back into GnuCash.

Cheers,

        Paul
        Finance::Quote developer.