> When compiling 1.3.7 on SuSE 6.3, it could not find two libraries:
>
>         xml
>         print
>
> When I installed packages libxml (and libxmld too, just in case)
> from series d, the xml problem went away (although I had to delete
> the source tree and reuntar it to make it find xml; a make clean
> didn't work).  One or both of these (I don't know which) should be
> mentioned in doc/SuSE-6.3.txt

> Does anyone know which package contains the print library?

I think that is the gnome-print library. You should be able
to compile without it, although you won't have the check-printing
feature.

If you want it, you should check the helix code website, I think
they have SuSE rpms.

When you install a library previously not found, you can avoid
reunpacking the source tree by removing 'config.cache' and rerunning
configure.

dave