Dave Peticolas wrote:

> > Hi all, I have 2 questions for you all:
> >
> > 1) Where should I submit bug reports?  I went to http://bugs.gnucash.org
> > and the server didn't seem to be working properly.  I am having a nasty
> > problem where a checkbook entry is subtracting an extra penny, even if I
> > delete it and re-enter it.  I don't know if it's a software bug or a
> > corrupted .xac file, but I thought I'd do my duty and submit it...
>
> You can submit them to this list.
>
> What version of GnuCash are you using?

We are using GnuCash 1.3.8.  I also installed and tried 1.2.5, 1.3.0 and
1.3.3 and all gave me the same behavior.  (I pulled down a copy from
CVS, too, but couldn't get it to compile.)

> My guess is that this problem is being caused by previous entries which
> have extra decimal places. Have you entered any stock or mutual fund
> purchases? In these transactions, it is often the case that the price
> times the share quantity doesn't quite equal the amount you paid. Earlier
> versions of GnuCash would silently adjust one of the values so that they
> would balance. The current version will raise a dialog and ask you which
> quantity you want adjusted. You might try re-entering the values of your
> stock/mututal fund entries and adjusting the price instead.

Hmm.  We don't have any stock/mutual fund entries yet, we only have our
one checking account put in the system.  I will double check our
existing check entries for any decimal problems, but I'm sure I would
have already seen them.

> > Which leads to question 2) I'd like to transfer all our checkbook
> > entries to a different program (to bypass this bug), and I saw a text
> > export feature mentioned in the mailing list archives.  Is this
> > available?  I didn't see it in the 1.2.5 or the 1.3.8 version of gnucash
> > I downloaded.  What do I have to do to enable it?
>
> You can enable the existing text export feature by running gnucash
> with the GNC_DEBUG environment variable set to 1. It will be under
> the 'Extensions' menu.

Thanks!!  I'll try that out.