Hi all,

Thanks for the responses to my question.

I especially like the one proposed below by Christopher Brown, using
an Assets -> Account Receivable account. Since I am an engineer, not
an accountant, I'd like to make sure that I have the details correct,
in particular for the case where I eventually get paid for these
expenses. The normal case is that I usually spend my own money, and
then get reimbursed  (I previously threw the expense advance scenario
in there for completeness).

So, to recap Chris's proposal:

> --> Spent money on dinner on the road
>
>                       DR     CR
> Receivable from Co    $40
> Credit Card                  $40

OK, so now I get paid by the company, and the money is deposited into
my checking account:

                        DR     CR
------------------------------------
Receivable from Co             $40
Checking                $40

And now I pay my credit card bill:

                        DR     CR
Checking                       $40
Credit Card             $40

Is that correct? I'm doing what seems "intuitive" to my
"non-accounting" brain ;-) If not, how should it be handled? It seems
like a lot of work/entries to me.

Thanks again,
-Bruce