I have a question I have been meaning to ask for some time.

I have modified one of the reports (with Dave's generous help). It contains a
clause:

          (if (= (gnc:account-get-balance-at-date acct date #t) 0.00)

The false portion of the if clause is never activated. Is the result of:

"(gnc:account-get-balance-at-date acct date #t)"

a numeric or string. The false clause is never activated even when the report
prints the results of "(gnc:account-get-balance-at-date acct date #t)" as 0.00.