Wesley Hosking writes:
 >  > When trying to compile up 1.40 (from the tarball) - I get the
 >  > following  (On a Sparc Linux machine running rh6.2 ) :
 >
 >  > FLAVOR=gnome g-wrap --api c --target guile gnc.gwp
 >  > ERROR: In expression (cdr lst):
 >  > ERROR: Stack overflow
 >  > make: *** [gnc.c] Error 2
 >  >

 > Of course, I forgot to mention the way around this is to run :
 >
 > FLAVOR=gnome g-wrap --api c --target guile gnc.gwp
 >
 > on the machine it works on  (an i*86 ) and continue on with the build.
 >
 > wes
 >
 >  > To do get the build going under rh6.2 with i386, ./configure; make;
 >  > make install works fine (and I am running it fine ).
 >  >
 >  > The versions of guile and g-wrap are exactly the same between
 >  > versions.
 >  >
 >  > Has anyone else seen these problems ?
 >  >

Not as far as I'm aware.

Obviously there is a bug in either guile or g-wrap under RH6.2/Sparc.
Normally I'd suspect g-wrap, but g-wrap (the executable) is a plain
guile script and should work pretty much portably between architectures.

However, Rob Browning (the g-wrap maintainer) is going to release a
new version of g-wrap in the near future, which has a few bug fixes in
it.  Rob, are any of your bugfixes likely to help with this?