Alex J.P. writes:

 > Also, If any of you guys have seen Moneydance, there is a nifty feature to
 > automate txns and also a remind me feature. Would some thing like this be in
 > the works?

This is probably the most requested feature.  We're working on it, and
it will appear some time in the 1.5.x series (the next development
series).

 > Finally ...
 >
 > Is there anything I can do to help?
 > My back ground is IBM mainframe (Cobol, DB2, CICS, A littile asm) I know some
 > HTML.
There's lots of programming-type things that you can do, if you'd like to learn a
little C or Scheme.  Read

http://linas.org/linux/xacc/projects.html

to get some idea of the things we have in mind.
Of course, if you've got a feature that's not in there, please feel
free to add that too.  Please keep us informed, and feel free to ask
for help on this list.

The documentation *always* needs work as well.  ATM we've just
introduced a "tip of the day" feature, but now we need some tips!

 > P.s. I've successfully compiled the latest version!! (which to me is a great
 > thing :-),  coz I'm still feeling my way around Linux!! Thanks.

It's a good feeling, isn't it?  Congratulations!
Next stop, make a change to a program and have it work . . .