Martin Willemoes Hansen writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > I just tried compiling gnucash, after I upgrade my guile interpretter
 > from 1.3.? to guile-1.4 and it resulted in a compile error:
 >
 > gnc.c:53: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
 > gnc.c:56: parse error before ^POINTER_ARRAY_smob'
 > gnc.c:56: warning: type defaults to     nt' in declaration of
 > ^POINTER_ARRAY_smob'gnc.c:57: warning: initialization makes integer from
 > pointer without a cast
 > gnc.c:57: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
 > gnc.c:57: warning: (near initialization for ^POINTER_ARRAY_smob')
 > gnc.c:57: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
 > gnc.c:57: warning: (near initialization for ^POINTER_ARRAY_smob')
 > gnc.c:59: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
 > gnc.c:59: warning: (near initialization for ^POINTER_ARRAY_smob')
 > gnc.c:59: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
 > gnc.c: In function ^Gwrap_gnc_print_session_text':
 > gnc.c:5922: warning: passing arg 2 of ^Gnc_print_session_text' discards
 > qualifiers from pointer target type
 > gnc.c: In function      nit_gnc':
 > gnc.c:7208: warning: implicit declaration of function ^Scm_newsmob'
 > make[2]: *** [gnc.o] Error 1

To my knowledge, none of the developers have tried building against
guile-1.4 yet.

It's on the list of things to do (and if you could help it would be
much appreciated), but if you don't need guile-1.4 for anything else and don't
have the time to fix the problem yourself I'd recommend a downgrade to
one of the 1.3.x series for the moment.