glossary.as

glossary.xl4

Glossary of terms for Gnucash
Last edited: 2001-04-28 14:40-0700 by Christian Stimming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Term    Explanation     Translation (current)   My opinion
account -       Konto
account code    -       Kontonummer (intern)    ?
account name    -       Kontobezeichnung
account type: Asset     -       Anlagevermögen  Aktiva
account type: checking  -       Girokonto
account type: Equity    -       Eigenkapital
account type: Expense   -       Ausgabe ?
account type: Income    -       Einnahme        ?
account type: Liability -       Verbindlichkeiten       Passiva
account type: money-market      -       Geldmarktfonds
account type: Mutual fund       -       Investmentfonds
account type: saving    -       Sparkonto
account type: Stock     -       Depot   ?
account: parent account -       Hauptkonto      ?
account: subaccount     -       Unterkonto      ?
account: top level account      -       Top-Level-Konto ?
Action (register)       -       Aktion
action: ATM     automated teller machine        Geldautomat
action: buy     -       Kauf
action: deposit -       Gutschrift
action: direct debit    -       ?
action: dist    distribution    ?
action: fee     -       Gebühr
action: loan    -       Darlehen
action: payment -       Belastung       ?
action: POS     -       Karten-Terminal
action: rebate  -       Rabatt
action: sell    -       Verkauf
action: Teller  -       ?
action: wire    -       Telegrafische Zahlung
action: withdraw        -       Abhebung
amount  -       Betrag
average -       Durchschnitt/Durchschnittlich
Balance -       Saldo
balance sheet   report  Bilanz
balance, to (a transaction)     -       Ausgleichen     ?
bank    -       Bank
Business        -       Geschäftlich    Geschäft/Geschäftlich
capital gains   -       Kapitalertrag
case sensitive  as opposed to case insensitive  Groß-/Kleinschreibung beachten
cash    -       Bargeld
check   the thing used in the US to pay everything. Not that common in other countries
though :)        Scheck
close, to       close the current document      Schliessen
commodity       -       Währung/Aktie,Ware/Währung      Währung/Wertpapier
commodity field: fraction       the smallest amount of a commodity that's traded (e.g.
1/100 for USD, 1 for most stocks)        Stückelung
commodity field: Symbol e.g. USD, DEM   Symbol
commodity listing       e.g. NASDAQ     Börsennotierung
Credit (column in register)             Haben   ?
Credit Card     -       Kreditkarte
currency        -       Währung
Custom  custom print format as opposed to a template choice.    ?       Eigene/Eigenes
database        -       Datei   ?
Date    -       Datum
date    each transaction happens on a date      Datum
date format     DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY or something else  Datumsformat
date range      for finding transaction in a date rate  Zeitraum
Debit (column in register)      -       Soll    ?
default of an option    Voreinstellung
depreciation    -       Abschreibung
Description (column in register)        -       Beschreibung
double entry    -       Doppelte Buchführung
exchange rate   -       Wechselkurs
field   in the account creation dialog  Feld
file    -       Datei
file type       -       Dateityp
financial calculator: interest rate     in the financial calculator     Zinsrate
 ?
financial calculator: payments  -       Raten
imbalance       name of an automaticly created account to get imbalanced transactions
back in balance   unausgeglichenes Saldo  ?
import  of a QIF file   Import  ?
interest        the cost of borrowing money, or the gain from lending money     Zinsen
invoice -       Rechnung
liabilities/equity      the heading for the "right side" of the balance sheet   Passiva
Lost Accounts   name of an automatically created account        Verlorene Konten
 ?
Memo    part of a split Memo
national currency       e.g. USD, DEM, as opposed to stocks     Nationale Währung
 ?
net assets      net total of all assets Gesamt Anlagevermögen
notes (register)        -       Notizen Bemerkung
Num (column in register)        -       Num     Nr
open, to (a file)       -       Öffnen
opening balance of an account   Eröffnungssaldo Anfangsbestand
options of a report, of an account view Berichtsoptionen        Optionen
orphan  a split whose account has been scrubbed Waisenkind      ?
Payables/Receivables    -       ?       Verbindlichkeiten/Forderungen (an Lieferungen
und Leistungen)
payee   the guy who gets the money      Zahlungsempfänger
payer   the guy who pays the money      ?
portfolio       -       Portfolio
preferences     of Gnucash      Einstellungen
price (in a split)      -       Preis
price type: ask -       Briefkurs       ?
price type: bid -       Gebot   ?
price: quotes   online quotes; a snapshot of current prices
profit  -       Gewinn
Profit & Loss   report  Einnahmen-/Ausgabenrechnung
rebalance, to (a transaction)   -       neu kalkulieren         ?
reconcile, to   reconcile an account, a reconciled split        Ausgleichen Abstimmen
 ?
record keeping  -       Buchführung
register        -       Register
register: auto-split ledger     -       ?
register: basic ledger  another form of register        Hauptbuch
register: general ledger        one form of register    Hauptbuch
register: transaction journal   -       Buchungsbericht
reload, to      reload the current document     Erneut laden
Retained Earnings       base name of an equity account (?); opposed to opening
balance. Gewinnrücklagen
save, to (to a file)    -       speichern
scrub, to       to scrub an account     Ausbuchen
security        -       Wertpapier?     ?
Share Balance (register)        -       Aktiensaldo?    ?
shares  -       Anteile         ?
source  of a price      Quelle  ?
split   A transaction consists of several splits.       Split   ???
split transaction (in the register)     -       Split Buchung   ?
stock split (in the register)   -       Aktien Split    ?
style sheet     which sets the style for a report       Stil
subtotal        -       Zwischensumme
tax info        field of an account     Steuerrelevante Informationen   ?
template        if you create a new e.g. style sheet, you can start from a template
 Vorlage
Tot     as abbreviation for Total       Gesamt
total   of some balances, of any account's running balance etc. Gesamt  ?
transaction     -       Buchung
transaction cleared     state of a transaction  Abgestimmt      ?
transaction frozen      state of a transaction  Eingefroren     ?
transaction reconciled  state of a transaction  Ausgeglichen    ?
transfer, to (register toolbar) -       Buchen
type    of an account, of a commodity etc.      Art
units   for absolute positioning in the custom check format, e.g. cm, in
Einheiten       Maßeinheiten
URL     -       URL
value (in a split)      -       Wert