On Thu, 2005-26-05 at 08:11 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> > <<snip>>
> >
> > I agree.  Andrew, have you started preliminary designs for any of the
> > screens? I would like to help out what I can.  It looks like your grasp
> > of scheme is better than mine.
>
> I haven't not started any of the ui. ui is something I have NO
> experience in (told you it'sbeen a while). the scheme seems pretty
> intuitive to me. I've been trying to figure out how the hell to get
> some understanding of the gnc code and where to fit in and what, if any,
> parts of it can be reused for this payroll. Obviously the parts that
> write the transactions, the employee records need to be expanded to
> store payroll data, probably whatever standard parts draw the ui...

[snip]

I'll play around in glade some and see if I can come up with something
similar to the other registers, etc. that should suit a general purpose
interface.

Now a question for the knowledgeable gnc devs:

   The number and types of incomes, deductions, etc. can be quite varied
depending on the users needs.  I was thinking that something similar to
the accounts view and editing features should work.   The primary
difference would be the different types such as:
        Income
                --Hourly
                --Salary
                --Commission

        Deductions
                --Employment Insurance
                --Pension Plan
                --Federal Tax
                --etc.

Could the existing Accounts editing/creation code be re-used without
difficulty? There will need to be new functions added for linking to the
required formula, setting min/max values, attaching to the appropriate
ledger account, etc..

--
Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>