On Monday 22 August 2005 7:17 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I wasn't proposing that we _depend_ on libgoffice, but if it *IS*
> available on the current platform I see no reason not to use it....
> Provided it's API compatible, of course.

I'll test that. I've got a sample snippet to put into configure.in which will
omit the entire goffice subdirectory in lib/ from the build if goffice is
found installed on the system. Naturally, the first time I build after
goffice is installed is when I'll find out about API/ABI compatibility!!

> Well, I think the issue is that some distros (read: Debian Unstable)

:-)

> I.e., we should try to build with the native version if we're building
> on a distro that is "new enough" to provide it, but we should still
> work on our target platform by using our own.
>
> At least that's how *I* think it should work ;)

I'll get back to you . . . .

--

Neil Williams